Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Summer 2026 Singing and Dancing in our Communities

Having been disappointed by the cancellation of the first Thursday evening concert in Newmarket, July 16th, I didn't get my hopes up too high for last Wednesday's Michael Jackson tribute concert. I didn't make a post to say I wanted to go. I just put it on the calender, and watched the weather forecast. 

I really really wanted to go though. George St. Kitts is an excellent entertainer. I've watched him perform several times. And, last year this same show (History) was rained out in Newmarket, and I was there with my sister and nephew from BC. It started out so good, and then the rain came. We all got wet and then ran to our cars when it started to pour. Sad; so disappointing. And then, this year my plans for the first outdoor concert got washed out. Such bad luck!

Well, this year History: Tribute to Michael Jackson was in Aurora, so I had a second chance, and I went. Even though I couldn't get anyone to come with me, I went. I posted in the afternoon, but I guess it was too late, so I had to go alone. It was such enormous fun! There were tons of people there, tons and tons of energy and excitement! I danced and sang along to every song on the dance floor in front of the stage. There was very little time to talk, but I did talk to a couple lovely people. Fantastic evening! 

I hope, cautiously, that I'll get to sing and dance at more of these outdoor concerts this summer, and that I'll get to go in a group of friends too. 

I have them all in the YRCC Calendar, all the Wednesdays in Aurora and all the Thursdays in Newmarket. Of course there are plenty of other outdoor concerts in our area, so I'll keep my eyes and ears open. 

July 22, 2026 Aurora Town Park

 

No comments:

Post a Comment