Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last concert of the season

Hi All,

That's it. We're done. Hollandview Trail was our last seniors' visit. It was great, wasn't it? What a beautiful place, and what a beautiful audience!

The last concert of the season
The highs are high and the lows are low. This is the emotional one. The last show is special.
We’re all relaxed and in top form, having the experience of several shows under our belts. So, it’s our best show. We’re so hot we’re smokin’.
But, then it’s over. It’s a sad moment when you hand in your binder, give away your music, and it goes into the box. Final. Everyone says goodbye. There are hugs. Someone says, “See you in September!” Then, you realize that you won’t be singing next Monday night, or the next, or the next.
I’ll miss my Mondays.
My baton will have to stay at the bottom of my choir bag. But, I’ll have lots of choir work to do. I’ll be working with the executive and Sapphire to get things ready for September.
 I’ll keep on blogging. Renate's Baton continues. Stay tuned.
Yours in harmony,
Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment