6:30 Jeremiah Joy with clapping and shaker
Warm-ups incorporated ideas from our Saturday choir event with body movement.
1. O Holy Night: Mary Ellen sang the solo. It was beautiful. Joy was amazing on the accompaniment! What a fantastic arrangement we have! New folks, please sign in on the website and download the recordings to help you learn your part if you're having trouble following your neighbours. There's a lot going on.
2. We Wish You a Merry Madrigal: We learned the 3/4 part in the middle, so now we have learned the whole song! It's fun and not too difficult. The parts should be on the website soon. They were recorded a few years ago. Remember to be loud on the first repetition of the sections and soft on the second each time.
3. Carol of the Bells: We learned the last 2 pages, so now we have the whole song. Remember that the ending is the second ending where the Tenors and Basses have the melody. We will need to be sure to build from pianissimo to fortissimo and back down again, and then back up again!
4. Do You Hear What I Hear: This is another really big, awesome arrangement of a favourite Christmas song. Again, Joy was spectacular! There is a lot to learn here for all parts. The recordings were also done years ago and should be on the website soon. You will want to take advantage of the recordings to help you learn your part.
5. Winter Song: New, new song! This one is new to everyone. We only sang it through to see how it goes. This will take some learning and Joy is making recordings to help. There are special bits for Second Sopranos!
Next Week: 3 OCT 2016
6:30 Jeremiah Joy
7:00 Noel Nouvelet
- O Holy Night
- Do You Hear What I Hear
- Winter Song
- Carol of the Bells
Looking ahead: We are meeting on Thanksgiving Monday! Please try to come, but if you have to have a Thanksgiving dinner on Monday night, don't panic. You'll catch up. But the more people there, the better.