Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Song for Canada: French help

This is a sort of an English-phonetic transcription of the French part of the song, for those of us who get confused by spelling. Where there's a letter crossed out (n), you don't pronounce the letter, but it affects the vowel before it.

Wee 
ka noo vo shawn
Dee za pray zawn
An veu da kor kee dwa romp leer no cur
Pur ple dee vair
Too shawn lay deu mayr
urra vwa zan nif for may kan sel cur
Poor may lon zhay too vo zak son
Oh ra fran 
day kon yay dan son soo lay von
Kin no vwa zon 
som blish on ta eh ra shon ta
Wee 
bell oh zhoor dwee

Vwa mon pay yee

No comments:

Post a Comment