Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Song for kids

If you're looking for a nice easy Thank You song for kids at Thanksgiving or any time, you'll have a hard time like I did finding anything.

So, I made this up for my Sunday School kids. It's the sweet old melody of Jesus Loves Me, which everybody seems to know and love.

I ask the children if they're only thankful on Thanksgiving Day. "Of course not!" I ask how often they should be thankful and they say: "every day". Easy. It's a great thing they learn at church, that attitude of gratitude.



Thank You, God, for Everything
(Jesus Loves Me)

Thank You, thank You I will say
Thank You, thank You every day.
Thank You, thank You I will sing
Thank You, God, for everything!

Yes, God, I thank You.
Yes, God, I thank You.
Yes, God, I thank You.
I thank You every day.

Thank You for the food I eat.
Thank You for the people I meet.
Thank You, God, for songs to sing.
Thank You, God, for everything!

Yes, God, I thank You.
Yes, God, I thank You.
Yes, God, I thank You.
I thank You every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment