Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 11th review and preview for November 18

Small Groups
6:20: Somewhere My Love
6:50: 12 Groovy Days
9:30: Farewell to Nova Scotia
**same schedule next week

Warm-ups
scales going up and down, using your hands to help you to open up as the notes get higher, tongue twisters


  1. 12 Songs of Christmas: we sang through and learned up to pg.13
  2. Magic of Winter: we sang through and it was really pretty! 
  3. Banks of Newfoundland: we started learning from the beginning and went to the bottom of page 4!
  4. So Long, Farewell: we sang through to see how it goes and it will be fun and charming
Next week
  1. Welcome, Welcome Winter: review
  2. Magic of Winter: dynamics and enunciation
  3. Banks of Newfoundland: next ahs and then put it together
  4. So Long, Farewell: clarify parts and learn harmonies
  5. 12 Songs of Christmas: pg 13 to the end
Looking ahead:
Monday, November 25: We will review Calypso Christmas, Mele Kalikimaka, Somewhere a Child is Sleeping, and generally prepare for our performances at the end of that week on November 28 at Doane House and on November 29 at the United Way Craft Sale. 

Monday, December 1: Our last learning rehearsal. The next one will be a run-through for the show at Trinity Anglican in Aurora. 


No comments:

Post a Comment