Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Videos of our show are now on line!

You can now see and hear how fabulous we were!
Standing in the choir and singing, you don't get a good sense of how we sound. You'll be amazed at how wonderful the choir sounds and how great we look when you watch the videos that Gerry posted. I've only watched a couple so far, and they're amazing!
Here's Song for Canada. Heather sounds beautiful, the French sounds really good, the descant at the end is powerful, and the ahs are excellent (really-listen)! I love it.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, the rest of our May 2014 concert is now uploaded to YouTube.

    Spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gerry! They're wonderful! I love watching them. We really did sound excellent. Thanks to Nathaniel too!

    ReplyDelete