Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, January 3, 2019

The Meaning of Fa-la-la: SING for well-being

I'm not the only one who thinks that Fa-la-la is an invitation to everyone, everywhere to sing more, and in essence is a call to peace and love. Everyone is included. The world would be a better place if everyone sang together more often. It's not just for Christmas and not just for children.

Well, maybe I go a bit farther than most, but most will agree that singing together is very good for our well-being and everyone should join in.

Here's another article that says that people who sing together are happier and healthier, according to studies. I like that this article says that singing regularly in a group is better than doing sports!

Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment