Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, July 23, 2022

YRCC Concert in the Park- Forecast Change (or we meet briefly)

 YRCC Concert in the Park July 24th.

The forecast says rain, thunderstorms. 

But, the forecast can change. I'm hopeful that the concert will go on as planned.

If the forecast doesn't change, we will meet briefly in the parking lot (the last one, parking lot #3) to collect binders. Maybe we can make plans to go for a coffee (stiff drink). 

And, if you planned to bring all of your friends and family to the concert, you can meet with us for a moment and then take them all out to a fun restaurant on Main Street. 

If the forecast changes and the rain will be light and/or intermittent, then maybe we can meet in the pavilion to sing a cappella. We can do a bunch of our stuff without accompaniment. Or, maybe Donna can sing the piano accompaniment ;-) LOL I've sung bits of accompaniment before.

The show must go on, except when it can't.  


No comments:

Post a Comment