Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Beginnings

Isn't New Year's Day just another day? 

Why start new projects, begin new diet and fitness regimes, turn over a new leaf, on New Year's Day? Did writing down your resolutions work last year, or the year before? Did those new year wishes come true?


Don't we have the potential to change any day? Can't we start in the middle of the day or in the evening instead of the morning? Can't we start a new project on a Tuesday or a Friday? A new start can happen at any moment.


It's funny how we like to save starting for a special moment. The special moment comes, the clock strikes midnight, what happens? 

I think we're wishing for something magical to happen, for some good luck fairy to wave her wand to cast a spell that will change things, make them better. Midnight will strike and I'll be magically thinner, richer, happier.


This new year can be different, but what are you willing to do to change things? Or, are you simply wishing?

I wish you happiness in the new year. And, I will wave my wand and do my best to give you some happy moments every Monday night. 

I love that choir is on Monday nights. Every Monday is special and holds the potential for magic. 

2 comments:

  1. The potential is there everyday.
    We like the extra push or a beginning and end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A little help, a little extra push, can be good. And, if it comes from a calendar then it's uncomplicated.

      Delete