Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Christmas in July: Planning YRCC Winter Season

Christmas in July happened here.

I've done most of the planning for the winter season and listened to and looked at a lot of Christmas music! The music reading committee has given me some input, so they've been listening to Christmas music in July too!

I've chosen a few new pieces and a bunch of good stuff from our collection, and I think we'll have a wonderful winter concert with a theme of LOVE.

It's looking like it might be "Gifts of Love".

It's time for you to start thinking of what you might want to offer as a solo piece or a small group song. Love should be an easy theme but it's more complicated than I thought it would be. Give it a try.

I've posted the list of choir songs here in the right menu, under YRCC Songs This Season. Have a look and see what you think is missing.

You can also look ahead to spring when the theme will also be LOVE, love and romance, I hope.

Are you ready to sing about winter and Christmas in September? It won't be long. Hard to imagine with this hot and sunny summer we've been having. Enjoy the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment