Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, August 30, 2021

YRCC in the Park #2 Monday, August 30th, 2021

 I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I'm so looking forward to seeing you and singing with you tonight!

Right now, the forecast for 7:00PM is 24°C but the humidex will make it feel like 28.  And, it will be sunny. Blue Skies again!!! However, the sun will be setting as we end our evening, so we'll be sure to end on time. 

I will have my water bottle filled with cool water, and I'll have a hat, and chair, light clothing. Hopefully, there will be a breeze. We were quite comfortable last time, even though it was very hot.

Be prepared with whatever you need to keep comfortable for an hour in the sun, singing. We're going to sing! We're going to sing in person, together. It's such a good feeling to be together again. I can hardly wait! 

Don't forget to bring your completed COVID assessment form with you, or email it to Jane. In either case, you'll need to check in when you arrive. We have to make sure we take note of everyone who is there and we have to have a completed COVID form for each person, either in hard copy or electronically. 

Remember to tell your friends and family that this is not a performance, but a rehearsal. They are welcome to come, but we are not contact tracing the public in the park. We are not performing, but rehearsing. I will not be talking to the public, but I will make an announcement. 



No comments:

Post a Comment