Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Music in the Park, Fairy Lake

Wednesday, July 4th, 2012, weather permitting, the York Region Community Choir is going to perform at Fairy Lake Park in Newmarket.

The concert will be the first of the Music in the Park season. Every summer, the Town of Newmarket has free outdoor concerts every Wednesday and Sunday evening throughout July and August.

We're the first one this year!

YRCC is going to put on a show similar to our spring concert: SHOWBIZ! We're featuring songs from stage and screen: opera, musical theatre, movies, television, and YouTube.

We have a great selection of choir, small group, and solo pieces mostly accompanied by our amazing pianist, Sapphire Navaratnarajah, and also featuring some guitar accompaniments.

The concert starts at 7:00 pm and runs about 1 1/2 hours.

Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on to watch the concert. The rocks are pretty, but I prefer a soft seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment