Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympic Stars

Friday's Opening Ceremony event at the Mall was excellent!

The members of the York Region Community Choir who were able to come out and sing had a great experience. It was fun and very rewarding.

It was such an honour to represent our community that way. You could hear the power of the moment in our O Canada. It has never sounded better! A CTV camera was there to capture the event and we were on the news Friday night! Here's a link to that broadcast: click. The event is mentioned right at the beginning and you can hear a snippet of O Canada at 2:27.

We sang You Raise Me Up to open the event. It was beautiful. We're so lucky to be able to share such wonderful music.

The Olympic gold medalist who was there gave a wonderfully inspiring speech and we were able to see her gold medals.We were each given a commemorative medal and then we had our picture taken. My family was there and we had our picture taken too.




1 comment:

  1. I've added the CTV Olympic coverage website to our Links in the left panel. Victoria and I watched the Opening Ceremonies live on the internet there.
    Go Canada Go!

    ReplyDelete