Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14th review and looking ahead

If you missed choir today, here's what you missed:

1. Our warm-ups included making funny faces and strange sounds.
2. We sang I Will Always Be With You. It's beautiful. We had to review pages 6 and 7.
3. Monday, Monday was great!
4. Hallelujah: we reviewed "the baffled king composing Hallelujah", "the holy or the broken Hallelujah" and "with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah". The first one is different for everyone. The second and third are the same but in a different key, so just a bit higher. I'm considering changing soloists. Let me know if you're interested in singing one.
5. We sang I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing. It was really good! We're going to start with solos first a soprano or alto and then a tenor or bass. Everyone starts at 25. Soprano and Tenor are on Part l and Alto and Bass are Part ll.
6. Wonderful World was beautiful.

Looking ahead to Next week:
Blue Skies
Get Happy
Hallelujah
I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing
One Small Step

If you like to work on stuff at home, here's the harder stuff you'll want to look at:
From a Distance
You'll Never Walk Alone
On Eagle's Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment