Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Monday, January 28

Monday, January 28, 2013

Sapphire was unable to come, so we had to rehearse with recordings, and Heather did a great job playing parts for us. We were unable to start the new songs, but made good progress anyway.

1. Warm-ups included massages which we needed, considering the challenging day we had with snow, freezing rain, cancellations and other stresses.
2. We sang Blue Skies with the sopranos holding their Blue Skies and Blue Days. It sounded great. The snaps are looking and sounding good too.
3. We learned the tricky "echo" parts at 81, 73, and 57 of I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.
4. We sang Song for the Unsung Hero. What a powerful song!
5. One Voice was a treat as always.
6. I Will Always Be With You was beautiful. We paid closer attention to dynamics.
7. Monday, Monday was also better because we got the ba-das quieter and lighter.

Next week, we'll do:

Flying Free
Greatest Love
Imagine
Wild Mountain Thyme
You'll Never Walk Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment