Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 11 at YRCC

Here's what you missed.
(BTW, there seem to be a number of you missing these days, and coming in late. I have heard from a few people that they've been sick or have had issues. Please keep in mind that if you have a scheduling issue, and can't come, let us know because there are people on the waiting list who would like to join and it's still early in the season.)

Warm-ups continue to focus on getting good support for better volume and sound quality.

1. We learned the oohs in Imagine, and looked at the different rhythm of "Imagine all" after the key change. Pay close attention to the rests in this song!
2. We started learning You'll Never Walk Alone at 27 where everyone sings in 4 parts.
3. We sang One Small Step with Trix and Jonathan doing the solos. Sounded good!
4. We started learning From a Distance at 18 where everyone comes in together in 4 parts. It's amazing. The sound we make and the blend of voices is just beautiful.
5. We sang Wild Mountain Thyme with Anne-Marie and Stanley doing the solos and it was very pretty. We paid special attention to the different rhythms of "...go. And we'll all..." on page 2 and page 4.

Next week:
Blue Skies
Flying Free
Greatest Love
Imagine
You'll Never Walk Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment