Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Good Morning, YRCC Muppet Fans

Good Morning, Starshine!

Sesame Street is my inspiration for our small group song, my YRCC Muppet friends. The Sesame Street version of Good Morning, Starshine is the best!

Those lyrics seem to be made for muppets. I wanted a "cute and fun" and possibly "silly" song which is always good to have. This one fits the bill, and our theme, beautifully. 



Gliddy glup gloopy, 
nibby nabby noopy 
la, la, la, lo, lo
Sabba sibby sabba, 
nooby abba nabba, 
lee, lee, lo, lo
Tooby ooby walla, 
nooby abba naba
Early mornin' singin' song

(now you have these lyrics to review)

There's this Sesame Street version and also a radio version by Oliver that I remember more than the Hair version. 
We made a couple of changes to our sheet music. If you want to join this small group, be sure to get those notes copied on to your music. 
I have a few copies still. 
We're meeting early next week, but not starting until 7:00.



No comments:

Post a Comment