Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, May 23, 2024

YRCC Rehearsal Review May 21 for The Newmarket Citizens Band Concert Sat. May 25th, 2024

 







We're going to look great with this band!

They have the same colour scheme. I'm happy that we don't have to wear jackets over our white shirts or blouses, just a scarf or tie. But, they look pretty snazzy, don't they?

The rehearsal was good! The choir sounded great (18 people, but strong). The band sounded great too, and very loud! Wow. What an amazing experience we're going to have! 

After that rehearsal, we went to our room and went over Seal Lullaby and almost all of our songs, and we're in good shape. There were a good number of little issues, so we should be fine on Saturday.

Looking at this shot of them performing, it's clear that we are going to be in our "Formal Concert Uniform". Long sleeves, white to the wrists, and long pants or skirts, black to the floor. The band's uniform notes also included a reminder to wear black socks/hose and black shoes. 

We are scheduled to be on stage at 5:30 to start sound checks, blocking, how to get on and off stage gracefully, and for a warm-up. I'd say aim for 5:00 to get there, find parking, find the Green Room, and feel settled before we get up on stage. Calendar says 5:15, I think. Order of the show is there. I will talk twice: before we start and after Nella.

You'll want to have water and maybe a snack with you. We'll be there until about 10:00. I forgot to ask if there will be refreshments at the intermission. 

Here's a link again to the call sheet for Saturday. Break a leg!





No comments:

Post a Comment