Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

In Harmony With The Community

Hi Everybody!

I've been getting questions about the timing of the big The York Regional Police Male Chorus concert, In Harmony With The Community on Saturday, November 12, 2011. I knew we'd be there a long time, from afternoon to late evening, but it's really, really long. I recently received an email and here's how it's going to work:

Each choir gets a 20-minute sound check. Ours is from 1:20 to 1:40.

The mass choir sound check is 40 minutes, from 2:20-3:00.

1:00 p.m. to 1:20 p.m.    -  Ottawa Police Chorus
1:20 p.m. to 1:40 p.m.    -  York Region Community Choir
1:40 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.    -  York Regional Police Male Chorus
2:00 p.m. to 2:20 p.m.    -  Roselawn P.S. Choir & W.J. Watson P.S. Glee Club (as they will be performing as one group)
2:20 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.    -  Mass Choir/Chorus

At 4:00, there's social time with sandwiches and desserts and drinks provided by the YRPMC.

There's an official photograph of the mass choir at 6:00.

The concert starts at 7:30.

So, it looks like we'll be there from 1-10! I guess we could choose to go home between 3 and 6 if we needed to. We'll see.

It will be a great experience for us. I'm really looking forward to it. The sound that we have when we're all together is fabulous. Multiply that by 4, and it will really send chills down our spines.

When we sang One Small Step on Monday, I really had goosebumps! It was so pretty! I can't wait to hear how it sounds with everybody else.

It won't be long. Be sure to listen to your CD's when you can. I'm sure it will help us learn our songs faster and better.

See you Monday!

Yours in harmony,

Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment