Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Thrilling Concert: In Harmony With The Community was awesome!

Hello Everyone!

Well, I was super-stressed. But, it was soooo worth it!

The York Region Community Choir can be very proud of our performance at the 19th annual In Harmony With The Community concert! We did exceptionally well.

The other choirs were so good and sounded so beautiful that we were inspired to do our best, to give every last bit of ourselves. It was our best performance ever!

Conducting the mass choir was thrilling! What a power trip! Close to 200 people following my baton and watching me was a huge responsibility and really made me sweat, but it was also great fun!

Singing with more than 200 choristers was also thrilling. I loved it! I was so happy that Sapphire and I chose to sing the songs that we weren't leading. Singing is a great release of stress! It felt soooooo good, especially, to belt out the very high notes in Who Are The Brave.

The whole experience is something I will never forget.

Yours in harmony,

Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment