Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Start thinking Spring?


I had to start thinking about Spring right after Christmas. I had to choose the songs to sing in June so that we could start learning them in January. I'm beginning to plan the concert now that I've heard from all the people who want to do solos. It's hard to plan in advance, and I find it difficult to do, but we always have to be looking a few steps ahead.

My elder daughter has to choose her courses for Grade 12 this weekend. It's not easy. She's got to think ahead to where she might go to University and what she might want to study so that she will be sure to have the right prerequisites. So, we're looking at University websites and thinking it would be a good idea to visit some over March Break. Next March Break will be too late. It's hard to think about choosing a University next year when she's only 16 and half-way through with Grade 11. She should also be thinking about a summer job now.

It's hard to think about spring and summer when it's snowing outside!

Gardeners are starting to think about spring. Count back from our frost-free date (in mid-May here) and you might need to order your seeds so you can start them indoors in March or April. If you want to plant a tree, you have to imagine what it will look like in 10 or 20 years to choose the right spot for it. It's hard to imagine a little tree in a pot growing to be as tall as your house and taking up half of your lawn.

If you think you might like to move in the spring, now is the time to put your house up for sale. You'll have noticed that For Sale signs are starting to pop up on your neighbours' lawns now. They're thinking ahead. Move in spring and you'll have the summer to get settled. You can have a great yard sale before you move. If you thought last summer was hot and it might be nice to have a pool, you can have a new house with a pool this summer. Think about it.

If you're thinking that this spring or summer would be a good time to move, contact my husband Harry now. He can help you plan things out.
Click here to see Harry's website.
Send him an email: harrynaghavi@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment