Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Solos and small groups winter 2013

Announcing our small group and solo songs:

Solo/Duet Songs (chosen from 8 excellent suggestions)
  • I Believe (Janet and Todd)
  • Mr. Santa (Trix, Lauren, Jane)
  • Ordinary Miracle (Kristen)

Small Groups
  • Multi-cultural Silent Night (Anna, Carol, Daphne, Dolores, Galina, Karen, Lauren, Louisa, Mona, Patty, Renate, Sophie, Stanley,  Jytte )
  • 12 Groovy Days of Christmas
  • Farewell to Nova Scotia (guitar group and vocalists)
  • Somewhere My Love (tentative)

and 
Announcing the soloists and back-up soloists for our choir songs:

Solos in Songs (soloist/back-up)

Banks of Newfoundland (Todd/ Michael)
In Our Town in December (Bill/Kevin, Sophie/Trix, Lauren/Tracey, Jane/Janet)
Somewhere a Child is Sleeping (Mary Ellen/Kristen)
Song for Canada (Heather/Melinda, Kristen/Mary Ellen/Robyn)

Also, we'll have 2 instrumental solos! 

Flight of the Bumble Bee (Sapphire)
Red Haired Boy (Kevin and Kevin)


No comments:

Post a Comment