Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, February 21, 2014

February Blah Music: Stoke the Sadness

I'm falling deep into the February Blahs today.

The restless sleep from the storm last night is probably a big factor, the weather for sure is contributing, all the moaning and complaining is getting to me, I'm uninspired, and I'm just really dragging myself around.

So what does a girl do when she's feeling down? She cranks up the sad tunes.

My first 2 choices for today's soundtrack were Lord I Need You, and Say Something. I wrote about Say Something on my Musical Empathy blog because it's just that good. It gets me crying like nothing. Here's a link to that blog post. 

Lord I Need You is good for some eye cleansing too. "Without You, I fall apart" are perfect lyrics for falling apart. I think the song is supposed to inspire you to pull it together, but it just has the opposite effect on me. I guess I just stop listening to the words after that :-)

Here it is, if you want to try it yourself.


I'll switch over to some happy music before the kids come home from school. I've already got a Mozart playlist ready for a transition. I can get myself out of the blues, these February blahs, with music. But, for now, I'm letting music stoke the sadness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment