Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Prayer Breakfast Event March 26

The Newmarket Prayer Breakfast is Wednesday, March 26th, this year.

A few years ago, the YRCC lead the singing of O Canada and performed a couple of our songs at the Prayer Breakfast. Herbie Kuhn (the "voice of the Raptors") was the MC, and it was fun working with him.

This year the keynote speaker is from an organization called Hockey Helps the Homeless.

If you're interested, you can visit the website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment