Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Missing Choir over the Summer?

If you're missing choir over the summer, like me, you can:

  1. go to our website and look at some photos of us on Concert Night, May 3rd, and some old ones too;
    Do you miss this face?
  2. while you're at the website, visit the Forum section under Members-Only to join a discussion or to start one; 
  3. also on the website, under Members-Only, you can look up friends from choir using the the Membership Directory and send them emails or phone them up to chat or invite them out for a coffee, or a martini;
  4. watch the YouTube videos of the concert. Like and Comment.Share your favourites with friends and family, and send them to your best choir friend with a joke about your/her/his face while singing;
  5. visit our Facebook page. Post something, or comment on a post that's there;
  6. sing in the shower;
  7. sing in the car;
  8. sing in the kitchen;
  9. sing around a campfire;
  10. sing on a lake;
  11. think of more places to sing, and go and sing there.

1 comment:

  1. Renate, I love those pictures, they are truly you! You are not afraid to be yourself and give it your all! That's why we appreciate you so much as our leader!

    I too miss choir, but on the other hand it is nice to have a break. We will appreciate each other that much more when we come together again in the fall. I look forward to that!

    Kit

    ReplyDelete