Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

YRCC Rehearsal Mon. Jan. 18

Mon. Jan. 18

  1. Magic of Winter: Beautiful
  2. Canon of Joy: Worked on all parts, esp. Page 7 and end. Tempo is better. Tenors and Basses at bar 49-50: Mark you music, with pencil, to say "thee" instead of "thuh"to anticipate universe so that we hear "thee you" We recorded the accompaniment.
  3. I Will Always Be With You: Worked on all parts, esp. Page 6-7, and end. Watch carefully from bar 67 to end. I will slow down and stop before the last word, you. 
  4. Can't Help Singing: we sight-read through, almost all of us hearing it for the first time ever. Our concert will open with this song! 
  5. Joseph Medley: So BIG! Can't wait to get started on this one? Go to the website and start learning your part. 
Mon. Jan. 25
  • I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (try soloists, seniors' performance soloists) 
  • Do Re Mi ( try ATB on bottom and S only on top, try new soloist- seniors' performance soloist) 
  • Button Up Your Overcoat ? Maybe, maybe not?
  • I Will Always Be With You
  • Canon of Joy
  • Sing?
  • Thank You For The Music (Introduction and recording)
Sign up for Feb. 1 and Feb. 8 Seniors' Performances. Remember that we meet on Family Day, Feb. 15. Small groups will start the week after Family Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment