Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, January 2, 2017

Small Group and Solo songs for YRCC spring 2017

Soloists and Small groups, we need some pop songs, famous melodies, some fun stuff.

Please see me soon with your ideas!

Canadians have created some excellent songs.


I'd like to do a sing-along of a Canadian Pop song, too. What do you think?
What song do you think everyone will enjoy singing?

Here are some ideas, some songs I found online, some melodies to get you thinking:

Wondering Where the Lions Are or Lovers in a Dangerous Time by Bruce Cockburn?

If I Had a Million Dollars by the Barenaked Ladies?

Summer of 69   or Everything I do I do it for you Bryan Adams

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald or anything by Gordon Lightfoot

Snowbird Anne Murray

Put Your Head on My Shoulder Paul Anka

No Time The Guess Who

Big Yellow Taxi Joni Michell

Here for a Good Time Trooper

Life is a Highway Tom Cochrane

Spinning Wheel Blood Sweat and Tears ( ooh. need some brass)

That don't impress me much Shania Twain

My Own Way to Rock - Burton Cummings

Well? What would you like to sing?




BTW: here's where I found these titles:
http://www.strongwords.ca/files/Canadiantop100.html



4 comments:

  1. Hi Renate, how about This land is your land; Land of the Silver Birch (on the Girl Guides of Canada song sight); The Canada Song by David Hadfield; Maple Leaf Forever-Michael Buble; and of course, Alberta Bound. Just some suggestions. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. All excellent! I'm figuring out how to include more songs. There are so many I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maple Leaf Forever and Land of the Silver Birch. Love those...

    Also love the suggestion from last night: Joni Mitchell Circle Game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That message was from Joanne Kromberg....Not sure why my namee didn't show up. 😃

      Delete