Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Get your tickets for the Newmarket Music Festival 2017!

Formerly the Newmarket Jazz + Festival, The Newmarket Music Festival takes place at Riverwalk Commons again this year, and it's not on the August long weekend as in the past but on August 25, 26, and 27.

For three days of live music, the tickets right now are only $25 per person. I've got tickets for my family. Even if we only go for a few hours it will be worth it, but we will be there for most of the weekend, I'm sure.

There's something very special about a live outdoor concert, a wonderful feeling of celebration and community. I highly recommend this!

Buy your tickets here before July 3 for the "early bird" price. After that they're still cheap at twice as much.


There is also an opportunity to volunteer at the festival. My girls and I have done that before and it's fun and you get to be there for free.


No comments:

Post a Comment