Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, September 20, 2021

Harmony and Unity- Why We Sing and Why I'm Missing Choir

 Here's another sample of a concert script for us to remember how important choir is to us in the YRCC and how important music and singing together is for people everywhere. 

When I read this, I understand why I miss choir so much. 

I'm going to start Zoom Choir again next Monday and that will have to do until we get the go-ahead to meet in person again. It's better than nothing. 


Conclusion of YRCC Spring 2018 Concert: Harmony and Unity


When the world seems to be a difficult place

When the news is full of stories of pain and destruction

When the waters are troubled

 

Like a bridge,

A hand outstretched,

A loving voice-

Music takes us across to love and peace.

 

Some of us in the choir have been going through

Troubling times.

Our Monday night rehearsals lift us up.

This is why we sing.

 

Some of us feel alone.

In the choir we find community.

This is why we sing.

 

Some of us are bursting with passion and creativity.

The choir is an outlet for our souls’ expression.

This is why we sing

 

A choir perfectly represents

Harmony and unity

 

And we are an excellent vehicle

For messages of love and peace.













No comments:

Post a Comment