Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Harmony: Music and Love

 One person,

a true friend,

a sister,

a lover

 

can give us that blue sky feeling,

that skipping through purple fields feeling.

 

When we have a whole family,

a team, a choir,

a community in harmony,

 

lifting us up through thick and through thin,

in fair weather or foul,

 

then we have something to sing about,

a happiness that leads to great things.

 

Music is powerful

and Love is powerful.

 

They both lift us up

and transport us

and inspire us to be better individuals.

 

From one voice to many,

from one choir to one community,

we can make our one world

a better home for all of us.

 

Together we are strong.

 

It is the being together

and singing together

that creates harmony.


(From YRCC Concert Spring 2018-Harmony and Unity )



No comments:

Post a Comment