Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

YRCC Getting Together Safely Starting Feb.28th

I just saw a post on Facebook about the newest reopening dates and details and it looks so good!

Here's the visual that attracted my attention:

Click to enlarge or go to FB Ontario Ministry of Health 









Monday, February 28th will be our first night back, and (hopefully) the first rehearsal for our first post-pandemic concert! I'm so excited! 

The indoor maximum numbers for social or public gatherings are both going to be 50! We're going to be very comfortable. We'll be signing everyone in for contact tracing and checking Vaccine Certificates, and we'll use passive screening again, where you do your own screening. We'll talk about physical distancing and masks once we're together to make sure everyone is comfortable. We went beyond what was required last time, both distancing and wearing masks. Some choirs are doing one or the other, and there are other possibilities. And, by the time we meet for a second time, restrictions will be loosened again. 

You can take a look at the more detailed schedule with restrictions on the Ontario Health website (link there and here's the link if you want to copy paste: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures)

Join me for Zoom Choir on Family Day Monday, February 21st.

Hopefully, it will be our last Zoom Choir. 

Let's keep safe and healthy and hope people are more cautious this time so that we can keep getting back together more and more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment