Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

On Eagles Wings- YRCC will shine like the sun

One of the songs we are singing this season and probably next is On Eagle's Wings. It's a pretty piece, and pretty well-known. US President Biden mentioned it in his victory speech in November 2020. Our arrangement is powerful and it feels great to sing it. I can't wait to sing it again at choir next week!

Here's a video of the us performing it, and you can also follow this link: YRCC singing On Eagles Wings


 This video was taken at our "We Are Winter" Concert in December 2014 at Trinity Anglican Church in Aurora. It was one of our packed December concerts; must have been more than 200 people there in the audience. 

We are really very popular in December. For many, our winter concert has become a family tradition, a yearly outing near the start of the festive season. I've heard people say that it kicks off the holiday season for them. We have all missed so many traditional activities for the past two years! Holidays were very different with celebrations, parties, dinners, gatherings, traditions cancelled or moved online to Zoom. 

I so much want to be there again, in front of a large audience, in front of my big, gorgeous choir!

I had hoped that spring 2022 would be our big reunion with our audience, our We Rise Again concert. But, with the pandemic still lingering, people still staying home, fear lingering, we will put a big concert off again, and will plan the big one for December 2022. We will shine like the sun! 

When we are all together, feeling safe in the palm of His hand, we will stand shoulder to shoulder and sing out to our friends and family, all of our fans again. We will shine like the sun. I promise.

And He will raise you up on eagles' wings

Bear you on the breath of dawn

Make you to shine like the sun

And hold you in the palm of His hand



No comments:

Post a Comment