Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, March 12, 2022

YRCC Rehearsal Plan for 14-Mar-2022

My plan for last week's rehearsal (7-Mar-2022) didn't happen. The forecast looked terrible, so we cancelled. Good thing, because the snow came as promised and on top of ice from the melted rain and freezing rain. I was so relieved to not have to go out in those messy scary slippery conditions!

I was also relieved because we had just learned that our accompanist would not be able to join us after all. She was finding school too stressful and time-consuming. I was not looking forward to leading the choir with recordings in the last minute again. It's not awful, but it's not great either. 

The storm outdoors reflected my messy, scary, slippery thoughts and feelings. What now? 

Well, we have a wonderful temporary accompanist coming on Monday, thanks to Blair! Donna is the accompanist for the police choir, so she'll have to go back to them when they get started. We have to find someone new but for a while we're good.  

Here's what we're singing on Monday, March 14th:

  • Wonderful World 
  • Blue Skies 
  • Sunshine Medley 
  • We Rise Again 
  • You Raise Me Up
  • If we have time, we'll sing Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment