Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, September 23, 2022

YRCC Rehearsal Review 20-Sept-2022

 WE ARE SO BACK! 

It's so good!

We had a fun warm-up that including singing Bohemian Rhapsody!

Our theme was  Solos

1. Somewhere Out There: 

solo at the beginning: Cathy has done it before, but maybe you'd like to try it. Let me know.

Tenor and Bass solo/duet at the segno: maybe the whole section, or maybe a solo and duet? We're working on how the parts go, and what's written, which is not necessarily the same.

2. Hallelujah:

solo at the beginning: Blair has done it, and it's a tenor solo, but let me know if this speaks to you.

second solo: lots of people have done this one. Kit did it tonight, but anyone else?

3. Blue Skies:

two scat solos: The first is open for a change, the second is for Debbie.

4. Why We Sing:

 there are 4 sweet solos at the beginning: lots of people have done this one. Nadine tried the first one and it was very nice. We can try lots of combinations and see what works best. Think about it.

5. This Little Light of Mine:

2 solos in the "on a Monday" section. I like Lauren and Melinda, but please do speak up if you'd like to try this. It's fun!

6. You'll Never Walk Alone: no solos. you'll never sing alone (hee hee)


We talked about:

 Sunday's dinner at Milestones with Anne-Marie and Stephen. The choir is taking them out for dinner. Join us! 5:00 at the Milestones at Yonge and Green Lane on Sunday, September 25th. 

An Event at RHCPA that you can sign up for, Choir! Choir! Choir! Epic 80's Singalong on November 18th.  There will be an "event" on the website for you to sign up and you can pay  $45.20 to YRCC. We have 10 tickets but can get more.

Small groups and solos. Daphne will do the Grinch. Donna recommended a song: There's Still My Joy, by Indigo Girls. 

See you next week!

I've had a crazy week and have not planned next week's rehearsal. We should be able to look at the new pieces: Thank you for the music and New Year's Blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment