Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

YRCC 2023 Last Seniors' Performance of the Season

Our last seniors' performance of the 2023 Spring season was a perfect end to a wonderful season. Happy Together was a good theme, absolutely appropriate and so much fun! 













We had a lot of fun with our audience last night, residents at Oak Ridges Retirement Residence. Our small group of choristers were excellent. I always joke that the choir is much bigger but we only have the best singers in attendance. It might have been true. The sound and balance were sometimes goose-bump good.

And, we had the wonderfully talented Tabatha on piano accompanying us! Donna was home with COVID (feeling better but still testing positive-ga!) and so sad to have to miss the last performance. We missed Donna, but Tab was a super substitute, even adding bedazzling flourishes to This Little Light of Mine. 

The audience was lively and appreciative. 

Whenever we're together, it's a happy hour; the high I get from singing and performing with you is better than any other. 

I love my choir! I can't say it enough. 



No comments:

Post a Comment