Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Accolades

Hi Everyone!
I'm really lucky being the conductor. Since I do the talking, people come and talk to me.
Whenever we go out performing, I get all kinds of wonderful positive feedback. It feels great. I'm already high from the performance, and then people come up to me all excited and grateful and full of kind praise. Heavenly. 
When we meet next, I tell the rest of the choir. But, it's not the same. In the moment it's thrilling.
Now, whenever I go to see someone perform, if I have the opportunity, I tell them that I enjoyed the show and try to give them some specific piece of praise too. I know how good it feels. 
We had some very nice feedback about the show we did for Probus on Thursday. They were a great audience, weren't they? We did do a great job :) 
Thanks to everyone for coming out on a weekday morning. I know that several of you had to take the morning off of work. What a great team effort!
I love my choir!
Yours in harmony,
Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment