Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Sept. 17 Fantastic rehearsal!

Wow!!! Tonight was Fantastic! Amazing! Spectacular!
I had so much fun!!!
The YRCC has never sounded better. We are hot, hot, hot :)

Here's what we did:
1. Warm-up included different kinds of voice-stretching, range-expanding techniques.
2. I Will Always Be With You, pp6-9. We are just about done. Sang to the end!
3. Do You Hear What I Hear, section D. And, sang from the beginning to the end of that section.
4. One Voice, p 5 to the top of 6.
5. Hymn to Freedom, sight read through and it was really good!

It was great and we sounded fabulous, but I have to teach faster. I had planned to sight-read through 2 more songs :) But, I was enjoying the amazing sound we had. "Let's do that again!" I really did get the chills several times. Our harmonies were perfect and full and just wow!

Please do work with the recordings if you can find some time! We really have a lot to do, and it's all such great music that we want to do all of it and not have to drop anything because we didn't have enough time. We can do it!

2 comments:

  1. Do we really need / want a break every session, or maybe just for our "social coffee Mondays"? Personally speaking only, I always feel that we leave a song just when I am "getting it", and wish we could do it just once more :) Lots of learning to do indeed! Again, just personally speaking I always leave with the best intentions of reviewing on my own, but don't know where the time goes between practices. All of a sudden its Monday Monday again! RT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I don't give a break, or even go too long before giving a break, people complain. So, I have resorted to getting people watching the clock for me, to make sure I give a break. There are a lot of things to do and things to talk about in addition to the singing and 2 hours doesn't seem to be enough. But, I think it would never be enough no matter how much time we spent together. Maybe you could try to come early or stay late on Mondays to go over your music. Besides that, try to relax and have faith in yourself, in me, and in the executive.

    ReplyDelete