Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Small Groups- lists

**Please note that these groups have changed somewhat since sign-up time.

I'D LIKE TO TEACH THE WORLD TO SING

Part l Mona, Kay, Lynne F, Pat, Eithne, Galina
Part ll Stanley, Gerry, Michael, Robin, Jennifer, Sharon, Debbie


HAPPY HOLIDAY/WHITE CHRISTMAS

Sopranos- Louisa, Mary Ellen L, Darlene, Trix
Altos- Janet, Holly
Tenor/Bass - Todd, Kevin, Bill

MELE KALIKIMAKA

First Sopranos: Tracey, Lori
Second Sopranos: Jean, Kit, Michele
Altos: Carol, Lauren
Tenor/Bass: Dorothy, Gerry, Kevin

The groups for Happy Holiday and Mele Kalikimaka are closed, because there is a limit of 10 for those, but we can have a few more for I'd Like to Teach. It can be a bigger group. So, if you feel that you missed your chance to be in a small group, we can probably fit you in there. Let me know, and Trix too, so you'll have music. / R

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I am looking to join a choir, could you tell me how i should go about this? I live in bradford:-)
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PSW Mama! Go to our website http://www.yorkregioncommunitychoir.org/
    and register there. But, we are at capacity at the moment, I think. You might end up on a waiting list.
    When you've registered, someone will contact you. Good luck! There are other choirs in Newmarket and Aurora that you can try as well. Sweet Adelines (York Highlands Chorus) meet here, and there are a few seniors choirs...

    ReplyDelete