Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5th

Here's what we did on November 5th:


  • Warm ups included massages.
  •  Hymn to Freedom page 11, the ending
  • We learned all of In Our Town in December. (because of the solos, really only pages 4, 6, and 7)
  • Song for the Unsung Hero: bar 63- the end
  • After break we joined the Police Chorus in their room to rehearse, in show-order,

  1. I Will Always Be With You
  2. Song for the Unsung Hero
  3. Hymn to Freedom
  4. Go Now In Peace

We will meet with them again at 9:00 next Monday. 
Please review for next week:
  • the endings of everything so you can watch (it's good to know that I'm not the only director who changes endings)
  • I Will Always Be With You: sopranos and altos bar 50 (remember it's different)
  • Song for the Unsung Hero: bar 63, ending starting at 80 and dynamics throughout, it really was just loud and louder. Start soft, and we're only medium on page 5. I'll try to conduct better to let you know when to get quieter and louder. 
Next week we'll be doing our stuff for the first half, Mamma Mia, One Voice and Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves, and then we have coffee and treats before we head over to the police room.

For the following 2 Mondays, we will start early at 7:00, and we'll focus on our Christmas music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment