Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 18- snowy day


 We started with a special warm-up: massages and then a blessing circle. We wished ourselves, our friends and our choir love, peace and safety.

1 We learned the ending of Flying Free, the last page.
2. We also learned the ending of You'll Never Walk Alone. 71-end
3.We sang Wild Mountain Thyme, with guitar accompaniment added and with Mary-Ellen and Jonathan doing the solos. Wow. I love their voices ♥


Next Monday:
Rivers (preview the first section up to D-before the naming of the rivers- and say all the words in time pronouncing clearly)
Wild Mt. Thyme ( look at the second ending which leads to a key change. Tenors and Basses, review your parts)
From a Distance (we'll just review what we know)
You'll Never Walk (ditto)
Hallelujah (review with new soloists: Gerry and Kit)  


We had coffee and cookies at break and decided to leave early because the weather was messy and the roads were slippery. I hope our blessings of safety helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment