Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 13

Higher and Higher was so good that we don't have to meet next week! Nobody has to come early.

I was very pleased to see that most of you were there, despite the Leafs' last game of the Playoffs. Yup. Their last.

One Small Step was super.
On Eagle's Wings is done, and excellent. We'll review it again next week, but it's good to go!
You'll Never Walk Alone was amazing! I thought we'd have lots to review, but it was excellent.
We also sang a stupendous Song for the Unsung Hero. No worries.

Kit and Michelle brought lots of yummy homemade cookies and Debbie made us decaf coffee so we had a nice long break and had a chance to chat.

Lean on Me is coming along very nicely and sounded really cool with the guitar amplified.

Next week is the Victoria Day long weekend, but we are still meeting. Hopefully, you'll be back from the cottage in time. This will be our last chance for learning. The following Monday will be the week of the concert and we will focus on running through the concert order to see if it works. Then, the next night, Tuesday, we'll go to Trinity Anglican in Aurora to see how it works there with the sound and entering and exiting, etc.

For Victoria Day Monday:

Blue Skies
From a Distance
O Canada
On Eagle's Wings
Wild Mountain Thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment