Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 6

Higher and Higher and Together Wherever We Go met early and are having fun and doing well.

Our warm up was mostly about getting the most out of a breath. We had lots of long phrases in our music, especially places where one group is holding a note while the others are singing and the sound has to be consistent.

We spent most of our time on page 6 of every piece it seemed...weird.

I'd Like to Teach the World To Sing: great solos, excellent, but could be better on holding those notes all the way to the end and not dropping out or losing the quality of the tone.

From a Distance: We finished it! And, we sang it completely a cappella beautifully! The solos are lovely, especially the way Jane and Daphne's voices blend. Loved it!

On Eagle's Wings: We finished this too! I'm so happy with the way this progressed and was learned very quickly. It helps that it's a fantastic arrangement.

I'll Be There For You: Done too. It was so easy. I love a fun and easy song! Just watch for the parts where you're holding notes. Same issue as Teach The World.

Wild Mountain Thyme: Beautiful song. Solos are beautiful. Kevin's guitar is a great addition.



Next week:

Higher and Higher and Together Wherever We Go again at 6:30 (we need to review the alto part in Higher and Higher in the second half. Maybe we will stand differently?

Lean on Me at 9:30

We'll need to finish up You'll Never Walk Alone and get it working.
We'll review From a Distance and On Eagle's Wings.
One Small Step
Song for the Unsung Hero



No comments:

Post a Comment