Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 29th

6:30 Higher and Higher met and we got through the whole thing
then we sang Together Wherever We Go

We sang Hallelujah and it was a bit messy at first, but we fixed it.
We need to listen to each other and blend.
We sang all of Flying Free.
From A Distance: We learned pg. 6 43-52, and now we know the whole piece-but we need to review the end.
Greatest Love was pretty and pretty easy.
I Will Always Be With You is always beautiful, slower or faster.
Monday Monday is fabulous.

Lean on Me met after choir and it's coming along nicely. We have to work on memorizing it.

Next week:
Higher and Higher is meeting again, this time with accompaniment

From A Distance
On Eagle's Wings
I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing
I'll Be there for you
Wild Mountain Thyme

Lean on Me

No comments:

Post a Comment