Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Please return extra music

I've reviewed my plan for the season and have decided that we'll do Moon River next year. We can also return Welcome, Welcome Winter, Spacious Firmament and Come, Gentle Spring to Trix to be filed away. We have plenty of music to fill a 2-hour concert! We have one new song to learn and the rest is reviewing and cleaning up, so we should be fine. Please review the songs that are already online by downloading the recordings of your part and singing along.

Next Monday, please put those 4 pieces in your numbered folder (where you pick up your name tag).

Hand back:
1. Come, Gentle Spring
2. Moon River
3. Spacious Firmament
4. Welcome, Welcome Winter

Music we’re doing on May 3rd:

1. All the Little Rivers
2. Banks of Newfoundland
3. Chorus Hebrew Slaves 
4. Farewell to Nova Scotia (words only)
5. Hallelujah
6. The Hockey Song
7. In My Life
8. Jamaica Farewell
9. The Magic of Winter
10. Nella Fantasia
11. O Canada
12. Shenandoah 
13. Song for Canada
14. Song for the Mira 
15. They Call it Canada 
16. We Rise Again
17. You’ll Never Walk Alone

and these Small Groups and Solos

19. Edelweiss
20. This Land is Your Land
21. Northwest Passage
22. Gordon Lightfoot Medley
23. Home
24. Big Yellow Taxi
25. Somewhere

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Renate, good to lighten the load in the binder; easier to find music too (especially now that it is in order again; thanks for that. Hockey song is listed twice. I only mention this in case you were considering the quantity of songs performed by the whole group. Also, I have a copy of Chor des Landvolkes and am returning that too. RobinT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robin. I've now deleted one of the Hockey Songs.

    ReplyDelete