Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, December 30, 2017

YRCC last post of 2017

I hope everyone knows what a wonderful year the YRCC has had. 2017 was Canada's sesquicentennial year and we were proud Canadians and sang some awesome Canadian music! Our concerts were well attended (total capacity at Christmas) and comments were that they were our best concerts yet!

I'm so proud of all of us!

I'm also ready for another fantastic year. Our theme of unity/peace is another good one for strong feelings, powerful music, and joyful collaboration. We have lots of great music already in our repertoire, and I've picked out some super songs with the help of our reading committee to add something new.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again on Monday, January 8th, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment