Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

YRCC Rehearsal 19NOV2018

6:30 Mary Did You Know- Good. Be careful not to overpower the melody. Microphones will help.
7:00 Adeste Fideles - Good. Missing our Tenors. No accompaniment and no key change.

1. Hallelujah- all tenors on first solo, all sopranos on second.
2. 12 Days After Christmas. Choir comes in only at "my true love".
3. O Holy Night- we will have the music, but we did really well without it.
4. Let there be peace. OMG! I love it.
5. Peace on this Silent Night. Excellent.
6. Welcome Christmas- tenors review please.
7. We Wish You a Merry Madrigal. Excellent!

Next week: Run-through rehearsal at Trinity Aurora.
6:00 solo and small groups start.
7:00 everyone there.
We might finish late

Reminder: on concert day, don't forget to bring baked goods for the bake sale.
They should be cut into small serving sizes, but not individually wrapped.
They are served buffet-style. Donations are per plate which can be filled and re-filled during intermission.




No comments:

Post a Comment