Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Sunday, November 4, 2018

YRCC Review October 29th, 2019

It was good to be back and to find that you've made good progress!
6:30 Angels Among Us sounded so beautiful!

Hine Ma Tov: this year we'll sing it only in Hebrew, all verses (2+2). I'll invite the audience to sing the lai-lais. Be sure to smile and sing them clearly and accented. If we can add tamborines, it would be fun.

12 Days After Christmas: this is so much fun! We learned page 10 to the end, where the choir is all together and also reviewed parts where the choir is singing in the background behind the soloists. Soloists: memorize please so that you can sing with great clarity and drama!
One change we made, the duba duba part will go to the whole front row, still soft but stronger than just a duet to balance the whole tenor and bass section.

Welcome Christmas: So good! We're getting it. We spent time on the beginning and the end, the oohs. I love the oohs! We'll do this again.

Various Themes on Fa-la-la: is now more important. I decided to call the concert "The Meaning of Fa-la-la" so this is now a focus. The transitions are the hard part here, but we're getting them down. We'll review them; don't worry.

Monday, November 5th:

      6:30 Angels Among Us with Renate

  • Grown-up Christmas List
  • Welcome Christmas
  • Various Themes Falala
  • 12 Days After Christmas
  • Do You Hear What I Hear


No comments:

Post a Comment