Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, November 10, 2018

YRCC Rehearsal 05-NOV-2018

6:30 Angels Among Us- done! So good!

Posters for the concert were ready and ticket sales have started. Tickets will be available for pick-up and purchase starting Monday, Nov. 12.
the concert is called "The Meaning of Fa-la-la"

1. Do You Hear What I Hear- this is going to be the finale, and I've slowed it down a bit so that it's really dramatic. I love this arrangement. We reviewed the Soprano and Alto oohs, and all the places where the sopranos divide. Slowed down, it's a bit easier. If you missed this rehearsal, please review you part for this song and keep in mind that we're slowing it down.

2. Various Themes- this is going to be the show opener. We're fine now that we have a strong beginning and a strong end, even though Daphne reminded us that we're less than a month away from the concert and it felt scary!

3. Welcome Christmas-work on this one. We reviewed the beginning and ending, the oohs, and it ended up pretty good, but the middle is still new-ish and messy. If you have time, review this one on your own to help us out. Also review Grown-up Christmas List if you have some time.

4. Silent Night- We talked about how we will have a number of solos of Silent Night in different languages, end in English with audience and all. We've got German, Dutch, French, Italian and Mandarin!

Next week:  Monday, November 14th Buy Tickets!

6:30 Mary Did You Know- quartet
7:00 Let's Keep Christmas in our Hearts- small group


  • Siyahamba
  • Welcome Christmas
  • Grown-up Christmas List
  • Let There Be Peace on Earth- cello and flute


No comments:

Post a Comment