Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

YRCC Run-through Rehearsal 29-Apr-2019

It was perfect!

We had moments of utter perfection and moments where we knew we needed to work a bit harder. When not everything goes perfectly, it's the best. The concert will be our best work, better than our last rehearsal.

Wasn't it inspiring to hear the recording of us singing Bring Him Home!!! Now you know why I frequently get goosebumps listening to you. When you're immersed in your section, and your focus is on your part, you don't get a good feeling for how everything sounds together. That's what it sounds like! It's awesome!

On Saturday, everyone must be there and all the baking should be put away by 6:00. Doors open at 6:30, so we will get ourselves in position, have a warm-up and file out the back, so that we can file back in gracefully. We will rehearse the ending of Put a Little Love in Your Heart, and that's it, unless someone has a request to review anything.

5:00 - 6:00 is for soloists and small groups, and for ticket set-up and bake sale and coffee set-up. Don't forget to bake!

Be sure to get a good night's sleep Friday night so that you have lots of energy and staying power for Saturday night.  Put your feet up in the afternoon if you can. Maybe plan to have some friends over for drinks after. Hey, invite your friends and family to the concert and then out for drinks, or to your place for drinks, so you don't need a designated driver.

Don't forget, Monday is our first seniors' visit! I'll put up the order when I can, but it might not be until Sunday. Always have all of your music just in case.

Break a leg, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment